Welcome to Alan Martin’s pastel art galleries….
Alan. a pastel artist (and an engineer), explores detail in portraiture, dance, drawing of sculpture and sport. Alan enjoys landscapes, plein air art, studying art history through re-creation, and emotive colour. Stylistically realist and precise, but a student of impressionism other artistic styles.
Alan started drawing in 2019, having always carried colouring pencils to entertain the kids, but until then had never used them. He is now a collector of artists Soft Pastels and Pastel Pencils, always in search of the perfect pencil. He uses pastels because they are a difficult to control, softening precision. The high pigments content of professional pastels on pastel paper (like sandpaper) make the art the brightest objects at home.
Some art has been professionally reproduced and is available as giclée prints to buy.
Commissions also possible. Although not shown on this site, Alan has recreated old black and white family photos into full colour portraits.
- Caroline Flack22nd September 2020
- Peter Norman22nd September 2020
- Goran22nd September 2020
- Contemporary dance22nd September 2020
- Dalai Lama22nd September 2020
- Masked Girl with a Pearl Earring22nd September 2020
- Edvard Munch Girls on a Bridge (copy)12th August 2020
- Tango1st August 2020
- Grandmaster19th July 2020
- Lake Keitele (pastel copy)16th June 2020